Joint CPA-COPCE Award for the Most Outstanding Continuing Education Activity in Psychiatry in Canada.
Will be announced soon.
Northern Indian Medical and Dental Association of Canada was the brain child of some of its members who met for the first time in the year 1987-88. This was rather a social gathering at one of the founding member’s home. It was an unofficial and informal organization. The members used to meet at their homes and organize social and educational events regularly.
The organization was officially registered in the year 1993. Dr. A. S. Cheema was the first elected president in the year 1993. The quarterly publication of the newsletter was started by Dr. R. Jaidka in the year 1998. The organization had its own email address in the year 1999. Starting May 15, 2000 NIMDAC was on the cyberspace.
What Makes us Special?
Breathe India Campaign, 2021
- Apna Ghar (Bharatpur) – Ration for 2-4 weeks was distributed to low income daily wage earning families whose livelihood was disrupted by the COVID-19 lockdown. About 750 families (approximately 3000-4000 people) were provided with grains, produce, spices and items of daily necessities.
- Sarvebhyo Foundation, Lucknow – Oxygen concentrators and funds to contribute towards the purchase of an ambulance was provided.
- Smart Village Movement in association with Berkeley University, California – Funds were provided to help with sanitation supplies, vaccination, oxygen concentrators in remote villages of Meghalaya and Andhra Pradesh.
- Kalgidhar Society, Baru Sahib, Himachal Pradesh- The Baru Sahib hospital was declared covid facility by the government and Funds were sent for setting up the setting up the ICU for taking care of COVID patients.
- Fatehpur Rajputana Gurudwara Sahib, Amritsar- Oxygen Concentrators were provided to help the sick who were in dire need of Oxygen.
Under the leadership of Dr. Davinder Wadehra, conducted a Seminar for Health Care Professions in Partnership with RBC Canada, April 2019
- ‘Building, Growing, Acquiring your Healthcare Practice’.
- Setting up a medical/dental practice.
- Acquiring or selling a practice.
Under the leadership of Dr. Davinder Wadehra, conducted a Seminar for Newcomers to Ontario, June 2019
- ‘Learn About Healthcare in Ontario’.
- How does health care system function.
- 250 attendants in the community.